Aqua-Trol and salt cell without flow switch question

I have a Hayward Aqua-trol SWG that comes with a cell that is mounted vertically and connected directed to the return port on the pool. In the manual it states it has to be installed this way and that a flow switch is not needed because the chlorine bubbles can escape and enter the pool without the pump on.

My question is on this model does this Aqua-Trol unit run regardless if the pump is on or off? I checked the manual and it really doesn't mention this.

It should be wired to only run when the pump comes on, do not rely on the flow switch to turn on and off the SWG, bad things happen...

I hope this helps :)

I have this unit, the aquatrol rj, and it does have some type of a flow switch built into the cell. I've had the door open on the unit on several occasions after checking the temp and then had shut the pump off using its built in switch so I could hook up the vacuum hose and noticed that the red no flow light would be illuminated after a few mins and then would go off after it sensed water was flowing through it again once I started the pump back up. So no, it doesn't produce any chlorine if the pump is not running.

Plug the pump into the outlet on the bottom of the SWG control box and use the timer to control when the pump runs and then it will only produce chlorine on the set percentage based on the hours the timer is set to run.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.