Redoing my pad plumbing

May 22, 2016
Tallahassee
I've cut all the pvc for the suction lines....before I cemented everything in, just wanted to get an opinion of some of the experts to make sure the design is acceptable is far as head loss etc etc....The 2 lines coming in are from the skimmer and the main drain and are 1.5"....the branch tee has 1.5" coming in and 2" going out to the pump....and the rest of the pad plumbing is 2" until it gets to the return line which is 1.5" that goes underground...

Attachments

• pool pad plumbing pics.jpg
    pool pad plumbing pics.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 70
That looks very nice, it looks like you have 2 filters, what it the connection right before the filter going to, great job :)

A quick tip on gluing PVC. When you dry fit everything like you did, wrap a piece of masking tape around the pipe next to the fitting. This way when you put the purple primer on it has a nice clean line around the pipe. Looks very professional that way.

That looks very nice, it looks like you have 2 filters, what it the connection right before the filter going to, great job :)

Only 1 filter....its a Hayward 7030.....went with the largest cartridge filter I could find...the connection right before the filter is a waste line going out...it has a ball valve that opens it up....now that I am thinking about it, I should probably have used a 3 way diverter valve because water is still going to flow into the filter... I wonder if I plumb in another ball valve somewhere after the filter to stop the flow of water back to the return lines, if water will still flow through the filter? It will get used so very little...really only to drain the pool or let a little water out if we get a torrential storm, that I could always just pull the filters if need be even if water would still flow through it...

ahhh, yep, a 3 way would have worked better but its not a bad thing, so what if some water goes back to the pool and takes 10 minutes longer, it works and its easy :)

I just painted rubber over the purple :)

hpiEij3h.jpg

It was not hard, 6 to 8 coats, light coat to start and then heavier about 5 to 10 minutes apart..

I am not sure if it will help the pipe any, maybe UV protection?? but I like the look and the purple is gone :)

1st coat
c9hFClEh.jpg

4th or 5th coat of just black
S7Rqmgth.jpg

then the final coat
XG1882Xh.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.