Can Hydrazzo life be extended to 20-30 years?

DGS

Jun 23, 2015
memphis tn
I love this site. I can find so much great info here. A huge thank you for all the knowledge and wisdom!

We have interviewed 4 contractors for a remodel of plaster, tile and coping. We have 5 more to interview.

The one that has the most experience and is the sub for the most respected pool company in Memphis (started in 1952) said that if we do Hydrazzo after about 10 years we could have it repolished then and then in another 10 years we could probably have it repolished again. Anyone have any experience regarding that? That is a 20 to 30 year life span. BTW-the sub has done pools for 30+ years, does 7+ million in sales, does water parks, has Pebbletec certification, etc....

The pool is basic plaster now and has lasted since 1992 in fairly good condition. So I understand that quality workmanship and chemical balancing are the drivers for longevity of any pool finish.

I am willing to believe him but how much hydrazzo is left after 2 repolishes and how does that impact the spot where the tile meets the finish?

Any help/hydrazzo experience is most appreciated!

Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.