Question on child's eye burning after swimming

Jul 22, 2015
Poway, CA
I hope I can post this here. My question is why does my child's eyes burn after swimming (no goggles worn)? I have goggle for her but she forget to wear them. My numbers are all in check.

Saltwater
Salt level 3100
FC 5
CC 0
TC 5
PH 7.6
TA 110
CH 425
CYA 40

Your FC number is more meaningful along with your CYA number. CC should also be included. Effects are usually attributed to pH out of range, high CC and lack of salt in the pool.

This article was a life-changer for me. I love to swim underwater and got itchy burning eyes from swimming anywhere, including a variety of pools, lakes and the ocean. It was not easy to teach myself not to rub; I had to keep my glasses by the pool and put them on to stop me. But once I learned it, now even shampoo has stopped my eyes from being red, other than for the instant I get some in my eyes. Anyway, food for thought. Certainly if it persists, you should seek advice from a physician.

Swimming Teaching: Bloodshot Eyes After Swimming or Sore Eyes From Swimming?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.