Which line do I fill the K-2005 Cl and pH comparateos up to?

Jun 18, 2016
Bells, TN
-comparators- Am I just feeling dumb or have I been filling dumb this whole time?

2016-06-22%2022.02.43_resized_zpsk76hllnp.jpg

I've been filling it up to the line marked green. I assumed that was right because the clear plastic has raised lines on the back and the side that are in line with that thin line on the front, but just wondered what if I had been doing it wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay thanks! Glad to know for sure.

I actually just got TF-100 in today. Finding some questions as I do the first test with it tonight. The baseline CYA test using the R-7065 was supposed to read 50 give or take 5, but I could still see the black dot at the bottom. I thought it had to completely disappear. It didn't completely disappear until around 58, closer to 60 than 50, so I figured either I was doing something wrong before by dropping until complete disappearance. I checked on the Taylor site with an example pic and the dot looked like it was gone completely.

https://www.taylortechnologies.com/ChemistryTopicsCM.ASP?ContentID=36

I don't know which level of visibility is correct. When I tested my own CYA in the K2005 kit afterwards, the level of visibility at around 50ppm was similar to the level of visibility in the CYA Standard Test from TF100 using R-7065. So I think they are at least calibrated, but which level of visibility is correct? If complete disappearance was not necessary then that means my CYA level has been 50 all along? About 5 days ago I added 5 lbs of stabilizer, the FC finally started to hold some. 2 days after adding the stabilizer my reading for CYA was up to 33 {to my eyes} Maybe my batch of the CYA standard test was a little off. Or is my understanding off?

And, I got another question about the TF-100 too.

When I'm doing the powdered chlorine test with the TF100 and speedstir...what seems to be pink that has turned back to clear turns back to pink but it takes a minute or two to get back and it's just a super light barely detectable shade of pink. Do I just keep adding drops until the sample stays absolutely clear infinitely or is a more immediate read the way to go with it? It was clear a few minutes ago. I walked off to type these posts and now it is like Victoria Secret Pink again.

The FAS-DPD will always go back to pink if you wait long enough. Count drops to clear, call it FC, add the R0003 and count drops to clear, call it CC. No waiting around ;)

Seems that we are getting a lot of reports of the CYA standard reading around 40ppm. Just train your eye what the standard looks like at 50, or just go till the dot is gone and round up 10ppm or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.