Pool uprights not level.

Sep 27, 2015
West Olive, mi
Hi, I need some advise. My pool was installed last week, it is a 30 ft above ground Quantum(Sentinelle) Aqualeader. I sent pictures to the company we bought it from and they acted like it can be fixed and the pool is totally safe to swim in. I am unsure about that. Today the installer called and asked what was going on and I told him the uprights look like they are leaning into or out of the pool and he acted like it is a problem with this particular pool and not able to be fixed. I will attach pictures in a minute if I can figure it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

acd1211ad8bcc9b4ace54cfe310a3d9c.jpg
a878ec16fc50458d42ca2b50de7f1fae.jpg
e2c792c1ccb8affa1a593d52c1513c42.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So the manufacturer says it's a bad installation and the installer says it's a manufacturing defect.

I'm calling it a bad installation. I'm an expert because I did it myself with our 20' Intex, two years in a row. It's easy to do and easier to spot- they should have spotted it before they filled it. If they spotted it after they filled it, the easiest way out would have been to apologize for the delay while they drained it and fixed it. Now they're trying to pretend that the pool kit left the factory with posts that weren't plumb?

Ask your installer for his company's liability insurance information. Explain that you're going to have your homeowner's insurance agent inspect the pool because you worry that they may deny any pool related claims after they see it.

And then if it's not fixed, do it. You paid for a pool installation and I don't see that it's finished.

Thank you, the installer said the day of the installation that they should not even be selling these pools due to broken parts.

The company we bought it from said it could be fixed by the installer, but the installer acted like it is a manufacturing defect.

I will definitely do what you said about the liability and the insurance. The pool place stated that the uprights could be taken off of it and it would still hold the water, which I am pretty sure that is a tall tale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The installation crew obviously didn't measure to make sure that the bottom track was perfectly circular after they set the wall up. That is an important step as when installing the wall the bottom track is going to get all out of round.
They should have trued up the diameter and they failed to do so which is why there are uprights going all different directions.

They definitely need to come back and drain it and do it right. I'd also push for them to pay for the water since it's their fault it has to be drained and redone in the first place.

I agree with Jamison but... I have a question. Is the pool full in all these pics or just the first picture?

The pool is out of round. The pool installer is an idiot and taking the easy way out by blaming a company that had nothing to do with the installation of this beautiful above ground pool. Don't buy the BS.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wrinkles: being out of round will definitely create more wrinkles than if it was perfectly round. Wrinkles for happen but should be very far and few between when it's perfectly round. Fewer if it's a beaded liner as they are slightly smaller and stretch into place.

The sand bottom will be squishy if it is several inches deep and was dry when they installed the liner. It won't really ever pack much until all the weight of the water is pressing down on it and even then it might still shift some. Damp sand will pack down a little bit better.

All above ground pools should be installed level and plumb within 1". It should not be obvious that it is off when you look at the pool. Does the installer work for the place where you bought the pool or is he an independent contractor?

And what do they mean by "disturbed ground"?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.