Frustrated and need help!

May 23, 2009
Our pool is very foggy/cloudy and has been since we opened it. We have spent 100's of dollars at the pool store and I think he is just making money off of us. We have put all the chemicals in it and he says it will be fine and we bought a brand spanking new pool filter and it has been in for a week and the pool is still foggy. Any suggestions?
:hammer:

It would help if we had a full set of numbers so we can see what's going on. If you don't have a good test kit, we reccommend the TF100. There is a link in my siggy. It's really the best investment for your pool.

I will assume you treated for algae. You could be looking at the end result of having killed it. <don't really know because you haven't provided us with any test results>. If that is the case, your best bet is to run the filter 24/7 to filter the particles out of the water. It takes time but I'm just guessing.

When you get a chance, please post your FC, CC, TC, pH, TA, CH and most of all, your CYA level. Also, please post in your signature your pool specs and your location so we know what you have. :wink:

Welcome to TFP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.