Jun 22, 2016
Sacramento/CA
Pool new in 9/2012, never cloudy no maintenance other than acid as the Aquapure 1400 took care of everything, what a simple life.

SWG Cell broke over winter (aquapure 1400), bought a new one, installed this spring, does not seem to generate chlorine, pool started turning cloudy/lite green, started pool essentials shock granuals and then tabs since i didn't get SWG working. cloudy went away easy no green.

after a few weeks of that now my CYA is 100+ and chlorine is gone every day after adding a couple gallons of bleach. but at least the water is perfectly clear and no green.

new 4 cart filters as well. old ones had slite green tinge.

i added 8 gallons of bleach today to initate SLAM asuming that is next (not ready to empty but probably have to but not sure how to manage that in Sacramento, CA with our drought).

I just don't think I can continue the high FC during slam until all the algae is dead. any other options short of reducing CYA with draining what appears to be 40% of the water? That bioactive stuff doesn't seem to have good reviews for lowering CYA so I don't want to do that.

Thanks!

Welcome to TFP. I will probably ask more questions than give you answers.:)

Did you ever get your SWG running? Based on your chlorine consumption, your SWG just probably couldn't keep up. Are there any errors on the SWG display?

A partial drain and fill may be your best option. Which water district are you in? Haven't some districts declared normal water supply? Even if there was an extra charge for the water, it would probably be cheaper and easier than RO.

You say your CYA is 100+. Have you done the dilution CYA test yet? When you can post a full set of test results so we can get a bigger picture of what's going on. You are using one of the recommended test kits...right? ;)

Tf100. Swg not working waiting on replacement. It had sensor errors and was 4 yrs old. It stopped last winter before any algea. Sac County water district. Not sure drain is allowed yet. Cost not a big deal. Thankz.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.