27' Unlevel by Almost 3"

DBKwas

May 26, 2016
Midwest USA
Just got our 27' up and filled and one side is almost 3" lower than the other. I am just sick!!! My daughters birthday party is this weekend and she wants nothing more than to be able to use the pool with her friends. Editing to add: What is the rule when it comes to leveling? I have seen up to 1" or no more than 3".

If you don't fix it and something happens this post is proof that you knew of the problem and did nothing. If anything happens then you will be on the receiving end of many a negligence lawsuit.

So no, I don't think it would be ok for this weekend. I think having a bunch of people in the pool at this point is the least ok thing you can do. Please don't think I am being rude, I am just being as serious as this situation is.

Take it down. You don't want the party to be that memorable.

We've been there- our flat yard turned out to be not so flat when we put our 20' pool up a few years ago, and it was the waterline that showed us the problem. So we drained, disassembled and leveled. Shovels, pavers and a laser transit are in your future. We bought a package of wood shims to use as stakes, too. It's well worth the time and effort, though, knowing your pool won't collapse because you were in too much of a hurry.

Is it a hard sided pool? That'll be hard to line up again, but not really any harder than any other part of the installation. When you get to that part, start by lining up the holes, mount the skimmer and jet, then attach to the frame there and work your way around from there.

Definitely start over. Go with the lowest spot and remove the earth. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.