Cart filter band glue?

May 23, 2009
USA
Hi,
I really appreciate "How to clean a cartridge filter". I used the instructions to clean my filters and thankfully I read the article BEFORE I started because the pool guy I paid $100 to last Sept. to come out and show me how things work on the pool that came with the house we bought neglected to tell me to "degrease" the filter before I soaked in muriatic acid. Based on the notes I took when he was here he never mentioned the problem of everything hardening if I skipped that step. So I've got my filters soaking in dishwasher detergent right now. Thank you.

My question is I saw in the "How to clean a cartridge filter" thread that people have glued broken bands to save their filters. I searched some using words: glue, broken band, broken filter band glue, etc., but couldn't find what kind of glue people use to repair these broken bands. I did see "hot glue" but that still isn't specific enough. I don't want to go grab the wifey's hot glue gun and go to work if this isn't the right type of glue.

Please advise what type of glue you use to repair broken filter bands.

Thanks in advance and happy Memorial Day!

I've used a hot glue gun, my wife's in fact. No special glue or anything. The plastic used seems to hold up well for the bands but time will tell. I like the hot glue because it drys right away and you can even use it on damp bands and it will still hold. Everytime I clean the filter, I check the bands to see if any are broken because more damage can occur if they are not fixed right away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.