Installing SWG, wiring to intermatic timer

kcindc

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Sep 2, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I just purchased the CircuPool RJ -60. I'm so excited!

I have two intermatic timers. One is for the pump and heater and runs off 240. The other timer is 110 and is for the Polaris booster pump which I no longer use (I recently bought a robot making the booster pump moot). The problem is that the wires from one box flows through the other box... including some wires that just pass through both boxes to the spa blower.

Ideally, I wanted to install the SWG to the main intermatic timer that controls the pump, but all four of the knock out holes are in use. Could I just cut another hole in the main timer?

I know that I could use the other timer as my SWG can be set to use 240 or 110. I'm afraid of instances where the time of one timer doesn't match the other... and I've had intermittent issues with the trippers falling off the dial.

The good news is that everything is plumbed and no longer leaks (I forgot to put in the two gaskets, oops)!

Intermec dual timer Set up.jpgI'm not sure if this is what you are looking for... but I have a set up like this:

I used an additional T100 Timer for a total of two, to control how long my SWG system ran. This schematic shows how to wire it so that the SWG can only get power when the pump is running. See attached.

It's from here:

How to wire Intermatic T104 and T103 and T101 timers

It's actually for a cleaner and filter, but I've got SWG and filter, my cleaner being the suction type and only runs off the main pump.

The only catch is you have to set both clocks the same. I can do that.

Congrats! What if you run the wires to a new knockout in the unused timer and pass the wires through to your main timer? It is best to wire your SWG to the same timer as the pump. Unless you want to be able to run your pump longer than you want to run your SWG.

Thank you for the idea to run the wires through though other timer... this is a perfect solution!

I just need to get some conduit and things to connect the conduit and box. Hoping to be using the swg soon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I was unable (actually my son was unable) to pass the wires from the redundant timer to the timer with the pump. The conduit was already so full of wires that even an electrician fish couldn't get through. So, I've wired it to my redundant timer. Pulling all of the other wires (spa blower, pool pump, heater) out of the conduit and rewiring was a little too out of our league.

Thanks Pool Fool for the idea to use pliers to tighten the dogs/trippers. I've tightened them and hope that I don't have any problems.

I over did it a little on the salt, but it appears to be working correctly. Now I need to monitor to dial in my run time/%.

Thank you all for your help! Now I need to update my signature :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.