Nazareth, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
I just recently had some coping repair work done and the guy doing that work was recommending a product to me for my expansion joint (never got filled in by my PB and I need to get it done!). I mentioned Deck-O-Seal and Sika Flex to him and he said he'd never used either but hadn't even ever heard of Deck-O-Seal before. But he mentioned a new product called NovaLink SL by ChemLink, which is supposed to be really good. He said he's been told about it by some of the really large PBs in the area, and he's starting to use it now.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard of this product or has any practical experience with it. The info I've found online for it seems like it might work really well. Some of the main benefits are the obvious elasticity of the finished joint, but also that it can adhere to damp concrete and doesn't produce outgassing (bubbles forming as it cures). Price-wise it seems about the same as Sika Flex. It even comes in a 2L pouch container, which makes application even easier than the typical gun applicator.

Thoughts anyone?

NovaLink SL

That looks like good stuff! My PB hates D-o-S and uses the 2 part Sikaflex. First time lasted 3 years. Second time is on season 2 but is separating a little from the deck due to soil movement. We have black clay that moves a LOT. I'm going to try this stuff next time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.