Pool post algae question

Hey all,

We had a BAD algae problem. We added about 5 gallons of chlorine the first 24 hours. We're at the point now where maintaining 10ppm is pretty easy. I have to add maybe 1/2-1 gal a day. CYA is at 30.

We started this Sunday and it was blue and milky Monday. It's still milky and doesn't appear to have changed much (since the initial change). Should I be concerned? I know it's going to take time, but I also know there should be small improvement each day.

Thanks!

The time it takes to complete a SLAM varies by type of pool, how bad it was, and owner maintenance/consistency. Good thing is that it's not rocket science .... algae simply cannot live in a sanitary environment when the FC ratio is high enough based on the current CYA. So CYA of 30 = FC SLAM of 12 ... you're good. Just do all the other things on the SLAM page and you'll see a turn for the better. With your Taylor K-2006 kit, hopefully you are doing the FC testing with the 10 ml sample and one scoop of powder to save on reagents.
10ml sample, multiply drop count by 0.5 (standard method)

Stay with it and good luck. Let us know if you have anymore questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and when you get a chance, check to see if there is a box in your profile under "General Setting" to always show your signature when you post. That comes-in handy. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.