Help lowering TA

May 22, 2016
Murfreesboro
OK so I have my pool up and running. It's a 5000 gal 15x48 intex metal frame pool. With 1650 gph sand filter and salt water generator combo.

I just got it all up and running a week ago and most of my numbers seem in the OK range but my TA is high (over 250) and ph is slightly high(around 7.8) the pool is very cloudy, can't even see that bottom. I added cya yesterday and circulated water for 24 hours. Before the cya water was cloudy but I could see through to the floor. This morning I went out and it's white cloudy. I'm trying to have this ready to swim in next few days but I don't know where to start. I purchased klean strip muriatic acid from home Depot as it's all I could find. How much do I need and is there any steps that should be taken before adding this?

Thanks

What test kit are you using?
Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

When did the pool get cloudy? Were you maintaining FC levels from the beginning?

With cloudy water, the TA is not your first priority, it is your last ...

Sorry about the sig. It says it is not supported on mobile I will update as soon as I am at my home computer.

Basically I put the pool up a month ago and let it sit for a few weeks. About a week ago I went and bought what I thought was needed and I ordered a test kit last night of on the computer. For now I'm using test strips that I bought at a local home Depot.

The water was slightly cloudy yesterday but after adding stabilizer (with aid of a sock) this morning the pool is extra cloudy as I can't see the bottom anymore. I was only starting with TA because as I said in original post most of the other numbers seem to be in the ideal range.

If it helps until my sig is up I have the info on my pool in the first post if any other info will help just let me know and I will get it to you promptly. Thanks for a fast response!

Well I just added stabilizer yesterday and it says wait a week before expecting accurate test results. As far as slamming. What should I use and will it raise the cya? I can't drain and fill again so I don't want that number to go to high. About how much bleach or chlorine should I be using?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.