need help with dead algea removal

May 23, 2009
:wave:
Hi all! New to this forum and i appriciate all the help and info that this site provides. Problem i have now is that I have just opened my 24 foot round above ground pool
I had a algea infestation which i beleave to have killed. I now have all the ash looking remains in the water. I used recomended amount of floc and followed directions.
backwashed fillter 2x , let everything settle. Started vac but everything gets shot back into pool. The pool and system are only into there 3rd year so sand and filter should be fine. How do I get this stuff out. thanks ahead for all the help!

Welcome to TFP!

Floc doesn't really work very well if you can't vacuum to waste. If you have a rotary multi-position valve, it should have a waste setting. Other wise you can't easily vacuum to waste and floc is not so useful.

The pump and filter will take care of the algae, it can take a week or more and you need to remember to backwash the filter as needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.