Help trying to get my pool up in running in a week!!

GenGen

Jun 22, 2016
Shreveport
I'm replacing the liner in our 24ft round agp and the pool stores trying to sell me so much stuff I'm not sure what necessary!! It ran off sand filter and pump but they're recommending a frog system to add to it.. is it really helpful or is there something more budget friendly. I've never got a pool up and running before so I don't have the first clue on treatment or maintenance. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!!

Welcome to TFP!

You can get a pol up and running buying everything at WalMart. The pool store is trying to expand their profit.

You do not want a frog as it is a metals based system which leads to build up of metals in your water with the possibility of staining your new liner and turning blond hair green.

You want chlorine, and not tabs or powder. Liquid chlorine or a salt water chlorine generator.

Time to,start reading in Pool School. ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.