Text from Neighbor -- They're digging your pool!

Jan 3, 2016
Mesa, Az
A week ago tomorrow, I got the go ahead from the HOA/ARC on my submitted pool & paver plan. Texted the pool builder with that info the same day. Saturday morning I get a text from my Arizona neighbor, "Hey they're digging your pool! . . . and I can tell you the exact time they started - 6:27 AM".

So the dig went well and the same neighbor was kind enough to provide the crime scene photos . . . which I will attach if I can do it right. Monday morning the plumbers were there, plumbed the pool and in-floor system, unpacked the equipment and installed it. Tuesday plumbing continued and rebar was complete. Today, I have no update on activity, but gunite will happen tomorrow, Friday or Saturday latest. PB is back from vacation today and promised he'd review everything personally before the "shoot" and send photos. We'll see.

The only thing they messed up was switching the locations of the two baja decks. He offered to fix, but I told him I can live with it. If the photo below shows up okay, I'll post the rest.

File_000_zpsmab1cbyljpeg-1.jpg

20160619_134406_zpsmh3fsqyo-1.jpg

I had in-floor at previous house ... "the dome" / zone valve was put near the pool instead of by the house so that there were fewer pipes that had to run the long distance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What day is it today?? That's right . . . it's Gunite Day!! Passed all the inspections yesterday and the gunite guy had a cancellation for this morning. Supposed to be 111 today, but they'll be done before it breaks 100. Hopefully someone can send me some photos.

20160624_131038_zpsrwfbffda-1.jpg

Steps and and baja decks

- - - Updated - - -

20160624_125034_zps5jyuq1tk-1.jpg

Looking from shallow end towards deep end

- - - Updated - - -

20160624_131150_zpsjcqgh7vm-1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Spa well

20160624_131127_zps63cogxcj-1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a local friend watering the gunite through the weekend and he's promised to send some more photos. Wish I had more of the overall site and equipment pad, but I got what I got . . . :)

Just now seeing this! 6:27 AM???on a Saturday??????? I see a MAJOR swim party for the neighbors when you get there!

LOVE your picks! The colors are going to be awesome together!

So tell us your "story" please......you are where? why? moving to AZ when and why? That is quite a move! :shock:

Kim:cat:

Not much of a story Kim. At least not much of a story I want to put out on an internet forum. We just built a "forever" house in a location we really like because a "perfect storm" of circumstances combined to make this the time to do it. When does "forever" begin?? That is the question . . . :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.