The Ole Size Question

Jun 22, 2016
FL
Hello all. Rookie poster here. Been reading and researching on this site for the better part of two months as we designed our pool and selected our builder. We are ready to approve plans and submit for permitting in South Florida. And now I am second guessing size and considering going slightly bigger (approx 2' longer and 2' wider) just before locking it in. The challenge is my pool shape is free form so it is hard to get a great comparison. I'd love everyone's thoughts based on their experiences. My yard can support either size comfortably.

The enlarged and original size are shown in the pictures attached (original smaller size first/on top).

Here are the current design specs before adjusting:
26' wide (inclusive of a 9' sun shelf) by 32' long gunite free form pool. 96 linear feet and 585 sqft, both including 12x9 sun shelf. 7x7 round spa directly across sun shelf in middle of pool. Width at center of pool is ~14' from sun shelf edge to spa. 19' wide and 17.5' wide at widest sections on each side of spa (when measuring directly across pool).

Is the adjusted size of 16' wide in middle and 20-21' wide at widest direct across (excluding sun shelf) considered large for swim-able free form pool area? small? average?

The cost is not an issue, the difference is about $1,500. Just dont want to go too small, or too big. And yes, i do think that there is such thing as too big given the location of our home on an irregular size lot.

- - - Updated - - -

here is the original/current size. Note that there have been some slight design changes. And since these are screen shots from PB's computer, they arent the exact angle and zoom. But you get the idea.

According to my brother, we have "the biggest residential swimming pool ever", or so he tells his friends. Unfortunately, it sometimes feels a bit small with a bunch of people in it. Our pool is a free form lagoon that is 40'x31'. Other than the chlorine usage, I wish it was bigger sometimes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.