Cracks in NEW Pool plaster

VFMA1991

Bronze Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Collegeville PA
New plaster

Has anyone had crAcks in new plaster. The pool wAs filled within 4 hours of them finishing the player. Pool company came and looked at earlier in the week but they have not gotten back to me as to what and how to fix.

We have a new pool that was plaster three weeks ago today, We had cracks showing up in the plaster after the first week. I am have been waiting on the Plaster guys to get back to the Carlton Pools. What should their fix be? New plaster job? This crack is about 18

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 301
My neighbors had a problem with their first plaster job. Their pool builder had a second guy come out to re-plaster it. I made sure to use the second plaster guy when I remodeled my pool. Most pool builders have a warranty on the plaster as long as you follow all their start up instructions.

Re: New plaster

I think you need to press the builder for an equitable solution ... best solution might be a replaster job as I am not sure how widespread the cracks are.

Re: New plaster

I would start documenting with photos and emails just in case things go sideways with the builder. Hopefully there will be no need for a paper trail but better to start just in case. Also I see you have a couple posts around this issue I know it is stressful and you are trying to get information but please try to keep to one thread so information and suggestions don't get scattered.

Thanks for your feed back. The Pool Company is going to replaster the pool. There were cracks in the shell that they were aware of that the did not address. The cracks are running all over the place. We are going to chip away and repair cracks in the fall and replaster in the spring is the game plan. I think their concern is that we are going to have more cracks. However, they are not saying it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.