suntouch solar automation question

joedoe

Oct 19, 2013
pittsburgh pa
hi TFP,

I am hoping someone can help me figure this Suntouch automation puzzle. I have been using the system for about 2 years successfully, but just hooked up solar panels last week and can't seem to figure out how to test the Suntouch's control of the actuator. I can manually switch it over, but cant figure out how to test if the Suntouch will activate the actuator and if it will go in the correct direction to divert to the panels.

thanks in advance

Not endorsing the hair dryer method above but if you do it it must be to the solar temp sensor not the pool water temp sensor.

one way to test is to take a pitcher of Margaritas and a thermometer out by the valve in the morning say by 9am. Commence drinking. Record temp when the solar activates. Continue drinking.

I confess I have never tested mine. I just occasionally check during the day that it is operating and complain when the pool is not at the temp I desire.

good idea with the hair dryer, however got home today and it appears to have kicked on itself and rotated the valve appropriately. I did not have the RPM high enough and there was little flow, ramped up to 2200 and that seems to have done the trick. I am still not sure I have all the circuits set up correctly, but i'll keep working at it.
Gwegan, will IPAs work as well as margaritas?

thanks

In the advanced menu select manual, scroll to actuator and select on. That will rotate the valve as if solar were on. But, you already know it works now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.