Sports Pool opinions on depth.

bdrex28

Silver Supporter
Jun 7, 2016
Frisco, TX
I've read through the forums and have seen that many wish they'd have gone 4' as the shallow.

we've decided to go with the sports pool.

My question is this:

What are opinions on going 4' x 5'6" x 4'6"?

Awkward?

kids are all fairly tall , 9 yr old boy is 5'3 , 13 year old girl is 5'10 and 19 yr old girl (in college but home often) is 5'10.

lots of volleyball in the house LOL.

would the 4'6" be too deep or would just going 4' - 5'6" and 4' be better in your opinions?

hmmmm, I have not seen many people do that but to me it seems like a great idea, you have 3 different usable depths that will not be a steep transfer between depths :)

we did 4' - 5.5' - 4' and think it is perfect for us, im 6'1" and think its great, at first I wish I had gone 4.5' on the sides but in reality it slopes quick right after the 4' so you are instantly in 4.5' in about a couple steps away.

We did 3.5-6-4. I love it. But I'm also 6-4". My wife is not so happy with me since I made the final decision to drop to 6' in the middle. It is a pretty steep drop from 3.5-6'. Even the 4'-6' drops off pretty quick. In the end I think we will be ok with it. But if we ever have to replaster, we will probably add 6" to the bottom of the 6' area. But since the pool has only had water in it for less than two weeks, it will be awhile for that. Like I said. It's perfect for me. But the shallow areas are pretty small. So far all of the kids that have been over love the depth. Even though they can't touch much.

If you are wanting it for volleyball then id stick with 4-5.5-4.

Matt

Thank you all for your opinions!

It sounds like the variation there is good and definitely want the 4' minimum. It sounds like it will just be the middle and the "deeper" end.

Wyatt, I like your depths.

Do you find you could do lap swimming with no problem and it not seeming too shallow?

Do you want one volleyball side to have an advantage?

We have a 3.5-5-4 pool. The only thing I would change would be the 3.5. I would make it a 4-5-4.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you all for your opinions!

It sounds like the variation there is good and definitely want the 4' minimum. It sounds like it will just be the middle and the "deeper" end.

Wyatt, I like your depths.

Do you find you could do lap swimming with no problem and it not seeming too shallow?

No problem at all with laps. Honestly I wouldn't change a thing. The few extra inches on each of the shallow sides worked out perfect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.