CYA Reagent "Compatability"

Nagorg

Oct 2, 2015
Dallas, TX
Hello,

I have the Pentair-Rainbow reagent kit with the sliding test tube. Is the Taylor R-0013 reagent compatible with the Pentair sliding test tube?

Pentair uses different part numbers than Taylor and it isn't clear (to me at least) if there is any different in the reagents. I can buy Pentair reagent but seems like Taylor R-0013 may be cheaper.

Thanks TFP!

I would stick with one supplier across the entire kit. It probably works but why mix and match and have doubt? The majority of this forum is using Taylor products where the vials, test tubes, comparators, and reagents are all meant to work together. You wouldn't use an HTH comparator from Walmart using Taylor reagents, would you? Same applies here.

I would stick with one supplier across the entire kit. It probably works but why mix and match and have doubt?

Well, that's why I'm asking the question; to remove doubt. Just looking for anyone that might be in the know on this topic. Given the nature of the test it seems reasonable to think that the its the same chemical being used to produce turbidity in the water that will obfuscate the black dot at depth. So again, just looking for anyone that can speak authoritatively on the subject. Easy enough to buy the same stuff but if I could save a buck or two.... All in!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.