Very high combined chlorine

BD, I know you said you're on well, but I feel you might actually be better off changing out some of that water since its virtually impossible to attribute the strange results to any single factor -- eg a gallon of antifreeze would in theory exacerbate ccs, the MPS gives a cc reading, trac amounts of other chemicals may also be interfering with your FC...

If your well water is a bit nasty like mine, (iron, sulphur etc.) you could try to refill in partial drain via whoe home softener, or look into rigging up a couple of 10" Pentek filter housing, 3/4", with a 5 micron and a 1 micron filter.

I'd link you to them in Amazon but realize since you're in CA you'd need a different source.

So I didn't buy any chlorine or even bother testing the water tonight I am leaning towards draining the whole pool and starting fresh, it's just such a pain in my situation to get city water to replace.it, or maybe o could get away with draining half of it ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.