So far A trouble free pool. (knock on wood) Hoping to keep it trouble free.

A week after liner replacement and fresh fill I've been testing FC and adjusting almost every day or so. PH and TA testing occasionally also.

Latest full test results.
FC 2.5 (has been staying around 2-3)
CC 0.0
PH 7.6 (seems to be very stable)
TA 150 (was 175 last week)
CH 90
CYA 30 (eventual goal is 40-50)
temp 80

So I've adding enough 10% bleach to stay around FC 3.0 daily. I also have one 3" trichlor tab in the chemical feeder on lowest setting; mainly as a effect and usage test. Pump/Filter runs about 6 hours a day for now. May reduce or increase run time depending on FC usage and water quality. Water looks and feels great at the moment. No complaints.

I have a pool party with weekend guests coming up in about 3 weeks. I'm trying to keep my pool trouble free and make any necessary adjustments ahead of time. Any suggestions? Thoughts? Keep doing what I'm doing?

Last edited:
Looks like you've got things in hand. Did you also test for CCs when you tested FC? Raise your daily chlorine additions up a bit to allow for the normal daily loss and so that you never go too low which invites algae. Aim for 4ppm, never to go below 2ppm... so if you lose 2 ppm daily, you should dose it to 6ppm to allow for that loss. Capisce?

Keep an eye on those trichlor tabs- they not only add CYA which in your case you say you want but they can be kinda acidic and lower your pH. Just be aware. Use PoolMath to help guide you in how many you can use to bring your CYA up. Too much CYA will cause you nothing but grief, so ....take care, 'k?

Thanks for the reply and advise.
Will watch out for the Tabs effects and CYA. I mainly am testing the disolve rate. I may need to rely on the feeder while we are out of town. Looks like one tab might last a week even if I crank up the feed rate.

How would I find out or calculate how much a 3" puck would raise my CYA? Is that easy to figure?

If my CYA gets up to 60 by the end of the season I'm not sweating that. But if the puck increases my CYA to 60,80,100 in a couple of weeks then I'm definitely going to reconsider supplementing with the tabs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.