New Pool Under Construction

Jun 21, 2016
Olive Branch, MS
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie and I started a new in ground pool! I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help me with. I went with an L shaped pool with 12 x 12 sunshelf in the "L". I specifically asked for square corners, and when the kit was delivered it had rounded corners. According to the PB the vinyl lining would not attach correctly on square corners, so he went with the rounded corners without my consent. It's particularly upsetting that he did not contact me to tell me about these changes. Am I in the wrong or is that how pool building goes?

Also, does anyone know if there is suppose to be something in between the pool crete and the liner on the sun shelf?

Thanks for your help!
Chris

Welcome to TFP!!!!!

Vinyl pools and square corners generally don't get along. Your PB should have told you about their dislike of each other. It shouldn't be how pool building goes but too often it is.

There can be but often is not. You can ask him to put down some insulation or something else. However what you put down will show footprints. My gunite pool is straight Plaster on the sunshelf.

I encourage you to stick around and read through pool school, use the search function and generally treat us as a resource. Its amazing what you can learn and surprise your Pool Builder with.

When we were considering a rectangle shape my husband specifically told the builder he wanted the sharp corners and not rounded. The pool builder let us know that rounded corners were strongly recommended because the vinyl liners tend to have trouble staying in the square corners and have more problems when vinyl. He said he would do it which ever way we preferred since it was our pool--but stressed that he did not recommend the square at all. Having that information given to us--we decided upon a different shape entirely. I appreciated the pool builder being upfront. I would be upset if the builder didn't tell me. If he knew what you wanted and didn't discuss the change with you, I'd be upset. That shouldn't be the way business is done.

My wife and I agree with you. We would've gone in a different direction if we would've known about the square corners. Our PB told us square corners wouldn't be a problem, and then he turns around and installs round corners without telling us of the change. I've tried talking with him about it, but he doesn't seem to care. I guess we'll see what happens when it gets finished. Thanks for posting!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.