I'm losing my pool innocence

Rollercoastr

Gold Supporter
May 18, 2016
West Bloomfield, MI
The more I read about how out-of-whack a pool can get, and how easily that can happen, the more nervous I get about swimming in random pools.

I'll be staying in a hotel tomorrow night. I would normally want to take a dip, but now I'm thinking I should pack a TF-100 kit first...

is that just me?

You are not alone.

brown.jpg

I have a hard time jumping in hotel pools sometimes, unless the kids are with and then I'm obligated to jump in. If it's cloudy and real suspect, I won't go in and neither will the kids.

-Certified Pool Snob

I have the same issue...My family has a beach vacation scheduled this summer at a house with a pool. Do I dare take my test kit and run the risk of ruining the pool for everyone or just put on my big boy pants and get through the week being blissfully ignorant?

I'd bring it with... well if you're driving. Might have some trouble getting your test kit on the plane. :p

If it's not too far out of whack, you could enjoy it more, probably with just a quick trip to the store for minimal chemicals.

Yeah, my wife is now starting to give other pools side-eye after discussing TFP pool maintenance with me.

I suppose personally, I'd tend to swim in a public pool that is at least clear and doesn't reek of CCs, but I still have the urge to pack my test kit and see what the numbers look like. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.