Back flushing every couple of days

I don't have a fix, I'm stumped, but those numbers are not normal. A typical setup like your should run around 10 psi clean and maybe 15-20 depending on how dirty the filter gets. Again, I have no clue what's causing it.

My pool is not a typical 21' above ground pool. I dug the pool halfway in the ground and then dug an additional 2 ' on one end to make it 6' deep. My pump is currently just below the skimmer approximately 10-12 feet away with approximately 16 linear feet of schedule 40 pipe.

What would happen if I increased the pump size to 1.5 horse power?
Would this increase or decrease the pressure on the filter?
Is my current filter big enough to handle the extra 1/2 horse power?
Since my pump was originally designed for above ground pool and its half in the ground can this be causing my issue? I read that above ground pumps and in ground pumps do not work interchangeably Is there a hybrid pump?

FC: 10 brought it back up to 12 I'm assumong this loss from this morning has to do with low CYA and sunlight today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.