Pool Store Antics.......wanted to share with you guys

Jul 3, 2015
Garner ,NC
:shark:I went to get some skimmer socks today and thought it would be interesting to see what there water test would say compared to mine(TF-100) just for fun of course.

So get this ...This store is trying to charge people for water test ,,,,$ 35.00 ......if you don't buy $ 50.00 worth of there pool magic potions I told them good luck with that and left....I found some skimmer socks at lowes for cheaper .....But am blown away by that pool stores trying to hook people up last year it was free so so maybe more people are learning the TFP way..... and its hitting them hard....HAHA I hope so!!! I don't think they like me since i don't buy there expensive chemicals ,just some skimmer socks once in awhile.......BOO HOO....

Use disposable spun polypropylene hair nets instead of skimmer socks. You can get a box of 100 of them for $6 on Amazon. Way cheaper than skimmer socks and you can just toss them out instead of washing them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had the same thing happen here is Upstate SC. They said that if the water was good that I would need to buy some chemicals equal to or pay $35.... even if I didnt need anything at the moment, I would eventually need them.... thats what I was told... haha. I said ok, and walked out.

IF they tested with a TF-100 kit, and sold bleach... I could see it being well worth the money to have it tested. for the lazy ones anyways... they would pay it.... but they would have to give good advice on top of it...... so yeah... Doubt that happens at any of them.... or waiting to hear about one that does.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.