First Time pool owner, low water...

Jun 21, 2016
Lee/MA
I live in Berkshire County (Mass) and we have a 23k gallon in-ground pool. We opened the pool in the beginning of May and have been using it regularly but within the last week the water level dropped significantly, below the skimmer one night out of nowhere. I filled the pool Sunday and within an hour the water dropped again below the skimmer in front of me, almost 6 inches. I'm assuming the pump and lines were completely drained and they needed to be refilled. For the past couple nights the water level is dropping an inch or so, I'm guessing there is a air pocket somewhere and I should backflush for a good 5 minutes to make sure water is completely running thru the unit. The unit is on a timer and I run for 3-4 hours at night when the pool is not in use. Is it normal for an inground pool to drop an inch overnight this time of year? I do have kids and the pool is in constant use during the day so I know the level will drop but I didn't think it would drop at night with only the pump is running for a couple hours.....

Thanks in advance

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.