Messed up

I fear I may run out of the powder before I can get more. :confused: I purchased more through tftestkits.net, but didn't think I could make it last before I got it and ordered some from Amazon (overnight shipping). Though I think I can slow down on testing as often as I did throughout the day, and the sun is down. Crossing fingers!

Yes, lesson learned. But before that, we were having a problem keeping FC from one day to the next. I think what I did to start this whole process (as I have been thinking today) was read that CYA should be higher than what it was (around 20) based on this chart http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock. Not taking into consideration the ozone machine. So I increased the CYA and then had problems keeping FC at the levels on that chart for CYA 40. Then to add to that problem, I added the citric acid and whammo! I was using the Pool Calculator from this website (Jessie's Graphical Pool Testing Log), so I didn't think I was willy-nilly throwing stuff into the pool...until the citric acid fiasco. I do regret not coming on here to ask the question Saturday night when I discovered my mistake! Sometimes I do have a problem asking for help. Pride I guess?? :neutral:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The company I bought it from is sending me the correct acid @ no charge. I am fine with that. I have to take some of the responsibility in not checking the bucket. I'm the one who put the citric acid in my pool. I didn't tell them I used the citric acid in my pool and most of it was gone. I did tell them I found out it was the wrong shipment after using it.

This morning first test it dropped overnight. I fell asleep at 1-1:30 am and woke up at 5:30. Went from 16.5 last night to 13 this morning. Poured more chorine in to bring it back up to 16.

Had to come into the office this morning. Will leave after an interview to continue SLAMming.

I can sort of see the drain this morning. Also found bugs in the pool...surviving. They seem to love the high chlorine level...or is it not high enough?

Last edited:
FC up to SLAM level is not bad for humans, I'm sure it's not bad for bugs either.

If you run out of reagent before it arrives, eyeball about how much bleach you've been adding. It's not perfect, but it's better than stopping all together.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.