water level when replacing fiber optic lighting with LED lighting on fiberglass pool

BReck

Jun 20, 2016
Louisville/KY
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and have a question that may have already been asked. If so, please excuse the redundancy.
I have a fiberglass inground pool that currently has fiber optic lighting that I would like to replace. I am looking into LED lighting and am considering the Trio lighting. My pool originally had perimeter lighting as well as a light on the deep end of the pool. I removed the perimeter lighting several years back due to it constantly pulling away from the walls of the pool leaving the one light. Now it is time to replace that light with a more modern, brighter light. My question is when replacing the fiber optic light at the deep end of the pool I can not drain the water below the light due to the placement of the light. If I drain the pool to that depth I take a chance of cracking the fiberglass due to back pressure. Can I install LED lighting in place of the fiber optic lighting while the water is above the light opening? How is this done when you can not drop the water line down below the light opening? My existing tower for the fiber optics and electric is about 8 foot back from the light and 2 foot above the grade of the pool (retaining wall). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, BReck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.