Questions about servicing.

Dz7

In The Industry
Jun 20, 2016
Florida
Hello all,

Im new to the forum, but have been reading posts for a while. I'm relatively new to the pool industry and I work in pool service (less than 4 months). I currently am employed by a franchise pool store that I will not name. I am an employee that is actually interested in helping people rather than just maintaining their pools. I also work in the store from time to time and am required to sell things that I know people could get cheaper/don't need at all. The reason for my post is I was wondering if there was any way someone in my industry could service a pool on a weekly basis according to TFP standards. I don't want to take advantage of people, I want to take care of people. Not all pool store employees are bad. I understand the relationship between chlorine & CYA and am forced to ignore that relationship on a daily basis.

As I understand the pool industry is moving closer to recognizing this relationship? I really would just like some input on what I could tell customers/pool owners to do about algae or other issues. I only have a couple minutes with customers at the store and when they have green or mustard algae I am directed to push them to sodium bromide as a solution. I know this isn't necessary and is a quick, albeit detrimental solution. Is there any way to work honestly in this industry?

I would love to hear some feedback as I know most of you think we are the devil.

One of our members eventually started their own pool company. What I think you are failing to realize is that TFP is just about adding only what the pool needs and not unnecessary chemicals. You could certainly apply the chemistry to maintaining your pools. But trying to only have weekly chlorine additions is going to prove very problematic while trying to follow our recommended levels. as such you will likely need to make adjustments .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.