brueckmann - Hi from South Jersey!

This will be our 3rd summer in this home and with each year I feel my pool is an uphill battle. I stumbled upon this forum late last year and purchased a K-2006 testing kit in the hopes of getting on the TFP bandwagon but vacation came, pool seems to kind of normalize and I just never got around to fully embracing your ways.

I have 30,000 gallon in-ground pool. I JUST installed a 60 sq ft pro-series Hayward DE vertical grid filter and Variable Speed Max-Flow. The previous owner also installed an Aqua-Cal heat pump to warm the pool. The reason for the new filter and pump is the old filter had a ton of issues and the manifold that held the filter grids together completely cracked and the replacement part for the discontinued American Titan filter was just about as expensive as buying the 60 sq ft brand new filter from Amazon.com, if you can believe it.

So, I'm relatively handy and I did the whole thing myself in a weekend BUT the pump had electrical problems and thankfully, Hayward replaced it for me. That is where the trouble kicks into gear. 2.5 days in a hot spell and I had an algae bloom in the middle of the pump not working.

I was so frazzled I completely forgot about this forum, and went with the good ol' local pool store standby. 6 bags of shock and industrial strength Algeastroy later, it's milky blue...so next came the curse word on this forum, flock. It's still cloudy and the algae is coming back - which is when I did a search for cloudy pool and it brought me back here and reminded me of what I tried to start late last summer - so here I am. I need to fix this so my family can enjoy the pool this year - so I can enjoy my summer!

Looking forward to following the TFP way! Nice to meet you all!