Pentair Quad DE crack troublea

Mar 30, 2015
Spring
So I contacted Pentair about the filter crack 2 weeks ago. They promptly agreed it was warranty issue and dispatched a ticket to a local pool repair vendor in my area. Repair guy took pictures and left. I never heard back for 4 days and asked what next step was. They said they needed to search every location to find the lower canister. Wait 2 more days and I am told they have to order from pentair and it will take 7-10 days. Nice. Blistering heat in Texas and a pool that is dead in the water with no way to use filter or filter pump. So I said screw it and I purchased one on Amazon and it will arrive tomorrow!!!

Anyway I am having trouble removing the bulkhead threads on the filter. Channel grips barely grab. Any tips?

Interesting. I found myself in the exact same situation, brand new Pentair Quad DE with a crack in the very bottom. Pentair was going to replace under warranty so I did not attempt to return it. I have called Pentair 3 times over the last 3 weeks and cannot get the local repair company to call me back. I am starting to wonder if this is a known issue and they are out of stock on the base. Here is a picture of the crack. It is on the very bottom of the filter. Was yours similar? I am losing a small amount of water when i set the pump on the lowest speed possible. It doesn't seem to leak when the pump is not on.

crack.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.