green pool..first time..need advice

MR10

Jun 20, 2016
NW Indiana
Will try to keep this as short as possible. First time pool owner (bought house with existing pool, installed 2004). Opened pool in April and water was a little cloudy, shocked it and everything was great as far as looks go. Had lots of swimmers Memorial Day, 2 days later pool was turning green. Wife went to local pool store with water sample and they gave her Lo N Slo, burnout, and garnish. Did what they said and didn't work which is how I ended up here. Ordered the TF-100. First test CYA was super high, lost the dot before water reached the 100 on the cylinder, so I would guess CYA was somewhere around 120-130. Drained pool till about 15" were left then re filled. Water is currently still cloudy/green with a lot of green sitting on the bottom. Test results as of today after filling:

PH: 8.2
FC: 0.5
CC: 0.5
TC: 1.0
CH: 175
TA: 110
CYA: 50

Looks like I need to SLAM but need to lower PH to proper levels first? Still reading on what to do but would appreciate any advice!

Just completely changed filter sand too if that matters.

Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.