Not that I'm complaining, it was actually a nice surprise not to have to add muriatic acid today as I was expecting.
This week I shocked with liquid chlorine; I think I dumped in a total of 7 gallons over a few days. Everything looks great, and my FC levels are now nearly back to normal. But I am curious about the pH not rising from all of the liquid chlorine. I had the pH at 7.4 before shocking, and it was still right there today when I checked it (it appeared to actually be a bit lower than 7.4, but not as pale as 7.2). My FC was 8 ppm today when I checked the pH.
What factors might keep the pH constant after adding a bunch of liquid chlorine? I fully expected it to be pretty high today.
Other numbers prior to shocking:
CH normally 350-375 (haven't measured in a few months)
no borates (I plan on changing that soon, though!)