D. E. Filter help/question

lne216

Mar 24, 2013
Central PA
Husband decided to open the pool for my girls yesterday when I was at work. Even after a text the day before telling him NOT to run the pump he did anyway. I had not put in any D.E. yet. The girls think he ran it for 1-2 hours. My water was crystal clear, and still is, so no algae to deal with.

What do I do now? Do I take it apart and soak the fingers? Or do you think it will be okay?

above ground steel pool, 13,500 gal
Hayward Perflex EC50
1.5 hp pump
solar heater

Yes, and thank you. I have already read that post. Unfortunately it does not answer my question as there is no mention of what to do if someone runs a de filter without any de.

I see he has not been active on the forum for 2 year. Wish he was.

Since the water was clear it should be ok. You can open up the filter and inspect the fingers for any embedded debris. As long as they are not looking like a topiary project they should be fine. If they do have debris stuck in there clean it off as best you can. I doubt you would have much debris since the pool is clear.

I broke one finger. All the rest look good. Will that be a problem?

Yes, with a broken finger you are going to get DE in the pool all day long. The good thing is, you can get a replacement finger quite cheaply. You can get them on line, or at the pool store. With a cracked finger, it will eventually tear the fabric covering, and then DE is going to go through that hole, and come out your return. You are going to constantly be vaccuming up DE from the pool, only to have it blow back in.

-dave

Yes, with a broken finger you are going to get DE in the pool all day long. The good thing is, you can get a replacement finger quite cheaply. You can get them on line, or at the pool store. With a cracked finger, it will eventually tear the fabric covering, and then DE is going to go through that hole, and come out your return. You are going to constantly be vaccuming up DE from the pool, only to have it blow back in.

-dave

oh boy. Thanks. I so wanted to put this together today. :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.