Hot tub no longer working

Jun 25, 2014
New Jersey
I have an Emerald Spa Cygnus hot tub that has been working great.

All of a sudden, after a week on not using, I check water and it is cold, also, water not circulating.

The display board has been fidgety though, and recently, we cannot see the display, but buttons were working.

I have done a few things thus far.

First, in case it was faulty, i removed the Balboa 8-Button DS4 Topside Control.

I read that if it is the problem, and removed, the circulation pump should turn on in about 20 seconds once recognizing no topside display plugged in.

Still no power output to the pump.

Board has an led light lit component D5. Board is Balboa PN 25502 Rev 3C.

I removed the board to check back for an obviously burn out component, but board is super clean.

I removed the transformer to test the ohms. Transformer is balboa 30270.

I read online that readings should be:

blue-white: 67-78 ohms (my reading within perameters: 72.7 ohms)

brown-red,red-yellow, and yellow-brown: .4-.9 ohms (my reading outside perameters: 0.00 ohms)

Primary - Secondary: 0 ohms (I have infinite ohms between all possible combinations)

When plugged into the board and breaker is on, I get 230v between blue and white.

Between red and yellow outputs and red to brown outputs I get 6.75v

Between yellow and brown I get 13.54

I looked online and found it should be.

From red to yellow 7.4 volts
From red to brown 7.4 volts.
From yellow to brown 14.8 volts

Does this seem like the transformer is the issue? Some ohm readings don't seem correct, and output voltage seems just a little low, but not correct.

Is there anything else anybody can suggest to try or check.

Thanks for any help. Don't want to buy a new Transformer, get same readings/same issue if its a different problem.

Welcome to TFP :)

The chances of someone knowing more troubleshooting than you have done is going to be rare.. is there a dealer or spa repair place that could get deeper into it?

I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.