New pool owner - Have TF-100, looking for advice

Jun 20, 2016
Mount Airy, MD
Hey, new pool owner here. Above ground 18k gallon non-SW pool, 3-4 year old liner. Proline pump and DE filter, Hayward automatic chlorinator.

Pool was crystal clear when uncovered. Let it sit a week before hooking up filter, clearly a big mistake. Had water delivered to get level up, been running filter for a month, cleaning frequently. Shocked a few times before I found TFP. Water is blue and cloudy. Got my TF-100 today, so I'm not as dumb as I was yesterday!

I am thinking I need to SLAM the pool to get it clear. The following are the readings I just took:
pH: 7.2
Chlorine: 5
FC: 10
Combined Chloramines (CC): 2
CYA: 60

Please let me know if there are any other numbers you need or what I need to do? I'm gonna go clean out the filter again, just for fun...

~Matt

WOW, Great first post, sounds like you already know what you're doing!

Your PH is perfect to start your SLAM, so go ahead and bring your FC up to SLAM levels, which in your case is 24. (Use pool math to figure out how much liquid chlorine). Read through the SLAM page for all the details but brush at least daily and run your pump 24/7. Most important part is to MAINTAIN FC level at or above 24. And clean or backwash your filter when the pressure increases by 25%

Good luck and happy SLAMMING!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.