What is in Natural Chemistry Metal Free?

C3Cl3N3O3

Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2015
Fort Mill, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I'm in the habit of checking MSDS sheets now, thanks to the TFP. However in one case, it has me more confused. Natural Chemistry Metal Free shows 1% citric acid. What is the other 99%? I'm trying to determine if this is a HEDP sequestrant. They claim it is phosphate free, so that rules out phosphonic acid.

https://media.nat.cm/filer_public/73/3a/733ae588-bfea-4353-b5af-aa960d345950/metal_free_-_english_sds_-_jul14.pdf

I have a bottle of this left over and would like to use it up this week.

Do you have metal stains in your pool?

From what I can tell it is citric acid and if you use this you may be dealing with it eating up your chlorine for a while until it is gone. It claims to be a chelating agent which I interpret as a remover unlike a sequestrant which doesn't remove the metals just envelopes them in the water. How it works to remove them entirely I am curious...?

Just found this in the stacks- Am I reading this right? Natural Chemistry Metal Free.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.