Phoenix Area Pool Build

Yep spoon. No joke, I received a warning from the hoa with a picture of my backyard. Lol. They actually had someone walk back there and snap a pic of my yard though the view fence. Serious business these hoa folks. ?

Anyways the actual approval went smoothly, and I was given lots of time. The one thing they will really want is for you to have an painted stucco wall to shield the pool equipment from the view of all those trespassers and hikers ? Don't forget to give them pics of the colors for your pool and to follow the 5ft variance from all walls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yeah that fence, ex-Sonoran Mt. Ranch resident nearby you, had the same see through fence and the backyard butted right up to Peoria Regional Reserve. I ended up putting metal chicken wire on the bottom 12" and on top of that plastic fencing on the bottom 24" to keep out the critters (and the small dogs in). Helped keep snakes and prairie dogs out of the yard, before that would have to occasionally fish a dead prairie dog out of the pool. Didnt help against scorpions though, would go hunting at night and kill dozens of them near the pool, mainly on the block wall. Oddly enough had a frog that lived in tne backyard and hung our pretty regularly. The joys of having a pool in the desert.

Yep spoon. No joke, I received a warning from the hoa with a picture of my backyard. Lol. They actually had someone walk back there and snap a pic of my yard though the view fence. Serious business these hoa folks. 

Anyways the actual approval went smoothly, and I was given lots of time. The one thing they will really want is for you to have an painted stucco wall to shield the pool equipment from the view of all those trespassers and hikers  Don't forget to give them pics of the colors for your pool and to follow the 5ft variance from all walls.

ellsian, that is pretty crazy that the HOA was snooping around your yard. What was the claimed violation that caused them to take pictures?

I'm not sure if my PB sent pool colors to the HOA. Hopefully the HOA doesn't have a problem with my blue tile as it is not tan... Lol

ellsian, that is pretty crazy that the HOA was snooping around your yard. What was the claimed violation that caused them to take pictures?

I'm not sure if my PB sent pool colors to the HOA. Hopefully the HOA doesn't have a problem with my blue tile as it is not tan... Lol
We built our pool separately from the house, so our backyard was empty for about 9 months while saving up and making plans. But apparently with a view fence you are not allowed to keep a non-landscaped yard. Hoa warned us to landscape it to "protect the aesthetic appeal and
property values of the neighborhood." Yeah..

Don't worry about your colors, I'm sure they'll approve. They probably don't want rainbow pools or something.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lucky for you I already tested Vistancia's tap water!

A few weeks ago I got CH 150 from the raw un-softened tap water using the TF-100 test kit :)

My soft water system tested at less than 25 CH. My plan is to fill the pool with raw tap water, and then use my soft water system for autofill to help keep control of the CH levels of the pool (which is notorious for rising in AZ heat). We'll see how that goes.

Nice! I hear that 150 is great.

I'm still trying to determine whether to get a water softener and filtered water system. I almost bought a RO system for the kitchen tap at Spencer's. I did some research though and found that RO wastes more water than it products. Basically you waste about 4-20 gallons or water for every gallon of clean water. I'm trying to find a tap filtration system that is a bit more "green".

Today is the day! Just got a call from the PB that they will excavate today. Total surprise as I was not expecting excavation to start for at least another week. It is raining today in my neighborhood but that doesn't seem to be a hinderance for them.

The excavators dug our about 1/4 of the pool today. Somehow I foolishly thought that the pool would be completely dug out today. It doesn't help that the PB has to use the smallest Bobcat available. The dig will continue again tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.