Intex ultra frame bottom suggestions

Apr 14, 2016
Bellmawr NJ
I finally have my ground ready to set up my pool. But, no one local to me sells the gorilla pad type stuff to put under the pool. I'd have to wait at least 3-5 days if I buy it online. My kids are chomping at the bit to get this pool up.

Are there any alternative options I could use to protect the pool from the ground and provide some padding?

My local Home Depot sells the 4x8 foam board insulation, but it's almost $13 a sheet.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

The 3/4" inch foam is the way to go. But think of it as a 1 time expense since you can use it for multiple seasons even if you take your pool down for the winter. Lay it down, tape the seams, and get the fill water going, you won't be disappointed.

I am just not sure, I did the 3/4 and worked great, I have seen people get the 1/2 inch but its almost the same price.. I have not heard of anyone using the 1/4 inch, just giving options :)

I only used the foam board but this is what I would do

Throw the tarp away or use it for something else, it is so thin and useless you don't want it under the pool :)

I went with the gorilla pad and the foam board on top of it.

I'm seeing that a lot of these pools have a rope around the bottom, but mine doesn't. Is it needed?
d28aa29af6f976fd8534d2a59b824c84.jpg

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
that white strap is fine..

I do not see any blocks under your legs, are they under the padding? don't want your legs to sink after a rain or splash out :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.