pump issues

Jun 20, 2016
Kellyton Alabama
I recently bought a Coleman 16×48 above ground pool. The pump just doesn't work well. The chemicals are not being moved chlorine levels are waaayyy too high and we just can't keep the water clean. I think it holds 10,000 gallons of water but not sure. I need to know what other pumps are out there I can get to help my family be able to swim and enjoy the pool. We've had it for 2 weeks and have only gotten in the pool twice because its just not clean

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Coleman and Intex have many interchangeable fittings, so I believe you could upgrade to an Intex pump/sand filter combo for your pool and do just fine. A quick search on Amazon or Inyopools.com and you'll see what I mean. But remember, even a great pump/filter won't prevent algae - that's a chemistry issue. So make sure you are testing properly with one of the TFP recommended test kits (TF-100 or Taylor K-2006). If you don't have one of those, that should be your first priority. I highly recommend the TF-100 (link below). Nice to have you with us.