Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

https://www.marinapoolspaandpatio.com/Maytronics_Dolphin_99958906-DIY_Cable_18M _with_Swivel

About $215 from Marina but I can’t guarantee that will have the end with all the waterproofing attached already. If you were really interested I’d call them up first. Otherwise you need about $10 worth of parts and a $300 set of crimpers.

Bummer. I guess I’ll have to hope for a cord failure within the warranty period....so, hypothetically speaking, just how many volts can the insulation between the wires handle before failure....ya know, hypothetically and all..... :deal:

Bummer. I guess I’ll have to hope for a cord failure within the warranty period....so, hypothetically speaking, just how many volts can the insulation between the wires handle before failure....ya know, hypothetically and all..... :deal:

It's 3 14 AWG stranded copper wires, ask an electrician lol.

Most I've ever put through it is 36VAC. Don't ask why AC even though Dolphins are DC. We did experiments...

Well I just joined the club last week with the purchase of my new Doheny Discovery robot. I ordered it on Saturday, and it was on my doorstep the following Friday. I got really lucky to also find a brand new cart for sale cheap here on the site that fit my new dolphin perfectly! Within minutes of arrival, I had the robot/cart assembled and doing its' thing on my pool. Wow, why did I wait so long! My suction driven "the pool cleaner" was boxed up and it'll sit in the shed for emergency back up duty if needed.

Current Marina prices are S200 -> $699, S300 -> $849 and S300i -> $949

I kinda like the features of the S300/S300i over the S200 but im not sure ill ever use bluetooth, also the caddy is not something i probably want... I dont think it is pretty enough to be exposed in my backyard, was thinking about storing inside a deck/outdoor box any comments on the bluetooth and the caddy??? Would hate to get the cheaper version and then regret not getting x or y

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It’s typically just extra features that are available through the App. The underlying mechanicals of the two are equivalent.

I see you got the S300i, do you use the "enhanced" or extra features the bluetooth gives you?

Yes, I do occasionally change the run time when I want extra cleaning. You also can only access the advanced weekly timer schedule through the App and I used that last year when we went on a 7-day vacation. I have occasionally played with the manual driving feature but not in any meaningful way other than to play with it. I do occasionally like to do a Tile-Line Only scrub or a Floor-Only clean and that requires the App.

But day-to-day operation is mostly pushing the big blue button on the front.

Re:  Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

I know this has probably been answered on here numerous times, but what would be the advantage to buying a Doheny's Discovery versus just buying a Maytronics S200? Also, I see references to Doheny's and Marinas here. Which is the better site to purchase one?

Also how does this level Dolphin(200-300i) compare with the M400-M500?

I know this has probably been answered on here numerous times, but what would be the advantage to buying a Doheny's Discovery versus just buying a Maytronics S200? Also, I see references to Doheny's and Marinas here. Which is the better site to purchase one?

The Discovery is just an S200 branded for Doheny. There is no difference other than sale price. Both Doheny & Marina’s have various sales specials throughout the year. Just watch for when one goes on sale.

TFP supporters get a discount at Marina’s. Check out TFP’s donation/support page for details.

But the Marina's discount excludes the pool cleaners. Anyway, in doing research, it appears both the S300i and the M400 cleaners are both in the $950-1000 range. Given that, why would you buy a 300i instead of an M series? Are there any advantages? the M series also has a 36 month warranty versus the S series' 24 month.

But the Marina's discount excludes the pool cleaners. Anyway, in doing research, it appears both the S300i and the M400 cleaners are both in the $950-1000 range. Given that, why would you buy a 300i instead of an M series? Are there any advantages? the M series also has a 36 month warranty versus the S series' 24 month.

My high end S300i has more features than a low end M series. There are two motors and 3 brushes in the M series which makes them more suitable for deep pools or pools with complicated shapes, submerged benches, etc. So, for me, the S300i gave me all the features I wanted and works fine in my pool depth/layout.

The newest S-series now also comes with the swivel cord which my S300i from last year does not have. That used to be an exclusive feature of the M series. So, in my mind, most residential pools will be well served by an S series and they will be feature-rich. You can go with the M series, but you’ll pay more for a lot of power that you don’t need.

Grrr... The Discovery has been $719 all winter long and it's jumped up to $799. I was (foolishly?) waiting for it to maybe drop to $699, or even the legendary $649 before I pulled the trigger.

If anyone happens to see it or the s200 or Triton for 700 or lower, please post! I would very much like to join this club!

Grrr... The Discovery has been $719 all winter long and it's jumped up to $799. I was (foolishly?) waiting for it to maybe drop to $699, or even the legendary $649 before I pulled the trigger.

If anyone happens to see it or the s200 or Triton for 700 or lower, please post! I would very much like to join this club!

Darn. I just scored mine from Doheny's a few weeks back at the $719 price. I was able to find a $10 promo code online, and that covered the $10.99 handling charge with free FedEx shipping.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.