Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Re: Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Received mine earlier today. It's in the pool now.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Anxious for your review.

Ordered mine yesterday will be here tomorrow, very quick delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, I decided to join the Discovery club, should be here Friday. My pressure side cleaner hasn't worked since last fall sometime. And the mesh bag is a beat down to clean and it doesn't hold much stuff anyway. Put 30 or 40 leaves in and it would fall over and take a nap! I resolved to do a better job at brushing this year, and I did, but I'm tired of it already. I need a friend to help out. We have even more trees than Eric so my new friend will be put to the test. I just can't say no to that top load basket. It looks like the bomb.com.

I think you'll dig it pooldv. It picks up leaves as big as my outstretched hand. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on performance once you get it in your pool. I was calling mine Matter Eater Lad after the horribly named 60s comic hero. I've since decided to rename it. I don't have any kids, but you'd better believe if I did I'd have them cleaning the pool. In that spirit, he is now called Elroy, as in "his boy Elroy."

Mine came today. It came with the basket and 4 filter screens which I assume are meant to line the sides of the basket, although I haven't managed to get them to fit yet. The product description says it has fine and ultra fine filters. So, is the fine filter the mesh in the basket, and the ultra fine filter is the panels? Or were some items not packed? I don't see any explanation in the literature that came with the cleaner.

I've never owned or operated a pool cleaner so you can't take anything for granted with me (yet!)

Edit: figured out how to swap out the screens, about to give it a whirl!

Last edited:

Anxious for your review.

Ordered mine yesterday will be here tomorrow, very quick delivery.

As others have said, ready to go out of the box. I ran it last night and it did great. I am going to try the finer filters tonight to see if there is a difference. It certainly worked well.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Mine came today. It came with the basket and 4 filter screens which I assume are meant to line the sides of the basket, although I haven't managed to get them to fit yet. The product description says it has fine and ultra fine filters. So, is the fine filter the mesh in the basket, and the ultra fine filter is the panels? Or were some items not packed? I don't see any explanation in the literature that came with the cleaner.

I've never owned or operated a pool cleaner so you can't take anything for granted with me (yet!)

Edit: figured out how to swap out the screens, about to give it a whirl!

It comes out of the box with the fine filter, they pop out in order, 1,2,3,4. Push tabs towards the inside, ithere are instructions, but not really helpfull. I ran with the fine filter for its first dip in my pool.

Btw, if you are looking for the caddy

At sunplay.com, Dolphin Caddy 9996087-ASSY $119 delivered. Its the exact caddy that ships with the s300 and s300i.

There is also a universal version for $110 at doheny

I think you'll dig it pooldv. It picks up leaves as big as my outstretched hand. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on performance once you get it in your pool. I was calling mine Matter Eater Lad after the horribly named 60s comic hero. I've since decided to rename it. I don't have any kids, but you'd better believe if I did I'd have them cleaning the pool. In that spirit, he is now called Elroy, as in "his boy Elroy."

Big leaves sounds good. We've got all shapes and sizes. Kids cleaning the pool looks good on paper but then you have to clean it anyway! :-D

I like Elroy. So far mine is either named Gilligan and/or Little Buddy.

Big leaves sounds good. We've got all shapes and sizes. Kids cleaning the pool looks good on paper but then you have to clean it anyway! :-D

I like Elroy. So far mine is either named Gilligan and/or Little Buddy.

Gilligan/Little Buddy - I love it!

I have been out of town working the last couple days, but I am back now, "Cousin Eddie" has arrived and will take his maiden plunge tonight.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Although I had really wanted an M500 or the S300i, I think I'm going to jump on the Discovery wagon! I love the price and if it bites the dust at the end of its warranty period, I can swallow dropping the $$ on a new one easier knowing I hadn't paid the $1400-1560 I was quoted for the other models. Thank you all for such great input!!!

Well Cousin Eddie made his maiden voyage. I have to say I am impressed on the job he done and the ease of cleaning basket. I don't know how it could be any easier to clean. I will attach a couple pictures, what I thought was a clean pool other than some leaves I was shocked at what it put in the basket. Apparently when I was having my scaling problem I did not get it all vacuumed up as I thought. The stuff was a half-inch thick in the basket. A bit embarrassed to even show you, but it did one heckuva job.
1b55360a1465966ee6d4dfb825ccf122.jpg

After I was done I simply opened the hinged bottom of the basket rinsed off in about 10 seconds it was clean as new. It took all of five seconds to remove and return the basket to the unit. I will attach the video of that as well.
https://vimeo.com/181124163

Finally I thought I would show you how to actually jumped my ledge and started cleaning the waterline, pretty impressive.
https://vimeo.com/181124248

My apologies if these are sideways, maybe a mod can fix it I can't. Unless you need the other features such as remote and other programming, I am perfectly happy with this unit after my first experience for the money.

I think I will run him for another two hour cycle just to see if he continues to pick up what I believe to be leftover scale. One thing I did notice, it will probably take a few runs to get his coordinates down for the entire pool, it missed one leaf, but in its defense every time it would go by it it the turbulence would blow it around so it never stayed in the same spot. As far as the waterline it would take multiple runs to get all that, but that does not concern me as I usually just brush it when I'm in the pool or it takes me Max 10 minutes to do it from the outside. I'm definitely impressed with what it took off the bottom of that I never even knew was in the pool. If there's anything significant after run number two I will post. This is the first time anybody was glad cousin Eddie stopped by.

Although I had really wanted an M500 or the S300i, I think I'm going to jump on the Discovery wagon! I love the price and if it bites the dust at the end of its warranty period, I can swallow dropping the $$ on a new one easier knowing I hadn't paid the $1400-1560 I was quoted for the other models. Thank you all for such great input!!!

Smart move, i saved about $230 getting the discovery vs the s200 which is the same cleaner, plus i get the led light, okay the light is not a deal breaker but why not for $230 less? I also ordered the caddy. I think its a much better way to store and use the little grimlin.

Smart move, i saved about $230 getting the discovery vs the s200 which is the same cleaner, plus i get the led light, okay the light is not a deal breaker but why not for $230 less? I also ordered the caddy. I think its a much better way to store and use the little grimlin.

What caddy did you get? I asked the Doheny rep about a caddy and she said there isn't one.

What caddy did you get? I asked the Doheny rep about a caddy and she said there isn't one.

At sunplay.com, Dolphin Caddy 9996087-ASSY $119 delivered. Its the exact caddy that ships with the s300 and s300i.

Great! And they don't require any modification? I wouldn't be able to do anything major...

I'm thinking about a caddy, but I'm going to see how it goes without one first. I noticed while searching, You need to be sure you get that exact model number, there are others that have very similar model numbers.

Great! And they don't require any modification? I wouldn't be able to do anything major...

They shouldn't the Discovery is the same cleaner as the s200,s300,s300i, the differences are color and the vent ports, (holes vs slates). I called Maytronics, they told me this caddy is the one I need for the discovery.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.