Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

1. Back To Top    #41

Re: Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Quote Originally Posted by Titan7 View Post
    looking at this one vs the Maytronics s200, does the Doheny have Bluetooth remote capability like the Maytronics?

Nevermind, I think I was reading the wrong description. So what is the LED on the Doheny?
    The LED is on the rear of the unit and indicates that it's powered and in cycle. As you likely now know, only the S300 and S300i have bluetooth (with different functions). Not a feature that gets much use in my house.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #42

I found a Maytronics s200 locally for $799.00, just trying to compare both units. If a repair is needed does this have to ship back to Maytronics? I think with the s200 a local dealer can do all the repair work?
    33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)
    TF-100, Doheny Discovery robot.

3. Back To Top    #43

Treat the Doheny Discovery just like it is an S200, because it is. All warranty work is done through Maytronics network of authorized repair shops. The only indicator that it is a Discovery is the added on sticker on the box and a sticker on the robot itself. Every other bit of paperwork, including warranty card, refers to as a Maytronics Dolphin robot.

The LED is just a blue blinking light on the front of the robot that indicates it is in the middle of its 2 hour cycle.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

4. Back To Top    #44

Quote Originally Posted by Killer95Stang View Post
    It appears that the new "sale" price for the Discovery is $719.00 + $10 handling charge + free shipping. So if you were on the fence, it cost you $70 dollars.
    Stills shows 649 with free shipping

~14K gallon - AquaRite AQR15 SWG - pool Newly plastered on April 9 2016
    TF100 kit - STA-RITE SYSTEM3 Modular Media Filtration - Model S8M150
    Pool water supply from on site water well = CH of ~350 and TA of ~350
    Doheny's Discovery Automatic Robotic Cleaner/Pentair Model 011018 VS Pump
    Sundance Altamar Hot tub separate from pool / central Oklahoma

5. Back To Top    #45

That's correct, I have one coming this week. Less than $660 with 'handling' charge.
    23,000 - 18x36 - IG Vinyl - Hayward Pro Series 244T Sand - 1HP Hayward Pump - Circupool RJ60 Plus - K2006

6. Back To Top    #46

I am struggling between the S200 and S300. I understand that the discovery is S200. Is the only difference the settings for cleaning times and schedules, and the additional filter in basket? Other than that they are the same? Does anybody know what the price differences between the two? Trying to decide between the two but I'm not exactly sure the exact differences and the difference in cost.

7. Back To Top    #47

Awesome!!!! I saw this too late when it went from $649 to $719, glad to see it dropped back to $649. I just pulled the trigger and got one tonight!!
    33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)

8. Back To Top    #48

I'm not sure on the exact price difference, if there is one. From what I remember when comparing the features I would use were all there on both. My decision came from availability with a warranty being honored from online sale. It's not easy to find s series or its affiliated models unless you live in a major metro area from what I found. Some really nice pool shops around here and none sell s series.

I'm sorry, should have read better. I thought you meant discovery/s200. Just saw you were asking 200vs300.
    23,000 - 18x36 - IG Vinyl - Hayward Pro Series 244T Sand - 1HP Hayward Pump - Circupool RJ60 Plus - K2006

9. Back To Top    #49

Quote Originally Posted by Titan7 View Post
    Awesome!!!! I saw this too late when it went from $649 to $719, glad to see it dropped back to $649. I just pulled the trigger and got one tonight!!
    Well dang. I bought mine at the exact worst time.

27,000g, 3'-9' IG; Freeform Concrete; Hayward 1hp SuperPump; Hayward Sand Filter S244T

10. Back To Top    #50

Which caddy is recommended for the Discovery? Additionally , where is the best place to purchase it? I checked with Doheney, they do not
    have one.

16x32 vinyl IG pool.
    Chlorine
    estimated 27k Gallons

11. Back To Top    #51

Question on the Discovery. I just put mine in the pool for the second time. Does the Discovery offer the 2 cleaning cycles? The control unit has a button for option to select the different cleaning cycle floor vs floor & walls. However, when I push this button nothing happens. Do others have the option of a quicker cleaning cycle? Or does the Discovery only offer one cleaning cycle and no other choice?
    Thanks
    20,500 gallon free form, 6X9 hot tub w/ spillover, 18" jumping platform w/ 3ft shear descent on chopped rock, Travertine coping, 2.5HP Hayward 2-speed filter pump, 525 Hayward Cartridge filter, 350K BTU Hayward NG Heater, 2HP Hayward water feature pump, Satin Matrix Northshore Carribbean, Jandy PDS-8 Controls

12. Back To Top    #52

Quote Originally Posted by Starplex View Post
    Question on the Discovery. I just put mine in the pool for the second time. Does the Discovery offer the 2 cleaning cycles? The control unit has a button for option to select the different cleaning cycle floor vs floor & walls. However, when I push this button nothing happens. Do others have the option of a quicker cleaning cycle? Or does the Discovery only offer one cleaning cycle and no other choice?
    Thanks
    Discovery only has the single 2 hour cleaning cycle like the S200. It's the same Bluetooth capable power supply as the S300 models, but the Bluetooth and multi cycle functions are disabled when plugged into the robot.
    Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

13. Back To Top    #53

I'm reading reviews at the website and see a couple of criticisms of the Doheny Discovery that I'd like to run by others who own the unit.

(1) One reviewer said it didn't pick up leaves well. I have several crepe myrtles, a pine and a few other bushes that "bless" our pool with their mess regularly, so this would be a deal breaker for me.

(2) One reviewer said it didn't come with a no tangle swivel (he said it was advertised as having one at some point). So, any cord management issues?

Ive owned a pool for about a month and my Polaris 380 just bit the dust. Trying to summit the learning curve on these devices and make a smart purchase. 😬

14. Back To Top    #54

It picks up leaves just fine. I haven't had any issues with it not having a swivel. It hasn't tangled once.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Here's my pool today. You can see how many trees I have around it. I threw the robot in last night, hit start, and went to bed.

Image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    25k outdoor in-ground 18'x36' vinyl pool; Jandy TruClear SWCG; Pentair Whisperflo 3/4 HP WFE-3 pump; Sta-Rite S8M150 System:3 Modular Media 450 sqft filter; Intermatic Freeze Sentry PF1103T
    Doheny's Discovery Automatic Robotic Cleaner; TF-100 Test Kit

15. Back To Top    #55

Ok I'm sold! Thank you Eric
    Houston, TX

23K gal, chlorinated in ground irregular shaped white plaster pool with waterfall feature. DE filter. 1.5 hp Hayward super ll pump. Doheny Discovery Cleaner. TF-100 test kit.

16. Back To Top    #56

What a beautiful pool and surrounding yard.... Looks fantastic! Seeing your situation, if it passes your blessing concerning leaves, that should settle any questions.

17. Back To Top    #57

I just went out and pulled the basket so you can see how big of leaves it collects:

image.jpg
    25k outdoor in-ground 18'x36' vinyl pool; Jandy TruClear SWCG; Pentair Whisperflo 3/4 HP WFE-3 pump; Sta-Rite S8M150 System:3 Modular Media 450 sqft filter; Intermatic Freeze Sentry PF1103T
    Doheny's Discovery Automatic Robotic Cleaner; TF-100 Test Kit

18. Back To Top    #58

Ran my Discovery today, love it, it even climbed onto my Baja shelf. Pretty impressed.

19. Back To Top    #59

That's impressive and it appears to have a nice sized capacity. I ordered it last night and should have a much cleaner pool in about 72 hours!

20. Back To Top    #60

I just ordered as well. Got a $10 off promo code but then they hit by with a 10.99 handling fee...... Kinda shady as far as the so called promo savings.... I ordered anyway, just don't like the games.

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast