Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

Re: Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

I was tempted to purchase a robot and keep seeing people say that a few have trouble getting stuck on the drains. Have you all had these issues? I'm nervous about buying a $700-$1000 robot just for it to get stuck on the drain. Need some sage advice for a newbie.

Thanks.

I have not had any issues with the drain. The S200 rolls onto it and you can tell it interferes with what it is doing, but it always manages to free itself after a few moments. It has a "wheelie" mode in its program that goes off every once in awhile. Its like it gives a burst of power to the tracks and the front end lifts off the floor. I assume it does this to help it climb onto steps and gut unstuck from drains or to clear any sticks or other things that might be caught around the fins in the suction intake.

Ditto, you can tell the drain is higher than the clearance of the robot but it never even slows down when going over it.

It would be great if someone would start a tread listing best prices and sources for s300 or any of the many clones. Another for s200 and clones, etc. or just maybe one for all S series. With so many models and variations it's very difficult for those looking for specific models or features. It would very helpful for those shopping, similar to the threads on liquid chlorine sources and prices.

Maybe with the OP's permission, we can add "- aka Dolphin S-Series (and twins) Owner's Club" to the title.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sounds good to me....

So I was gone for 3 weeks on vacation and didn't even worry about the pool while I was gone. I cleaned it the day before we left, dropped the swcg percent to 25 and threw on the solar cover. I also had a buddy stop by half way through the trip to dump 32 oz of MA in the pool. When I got home yesterday i checked the fc and ph, which were 12ppm on the fc and 7.8 on the ph. Pool was pretty dirty since we had a couple windy days and some freak rain in the last week. I did a little brushing and put the robot in for a couple cycles. I was amazed how clean the pool got and even more amazed how much crud this robot picks up. It got so many leaves and dirt that basket was filled with leaves and had standing water half way up in the basket that wouldn't drain until I released the bottom clip.

Long winded story, but a good testament and one year update on the ownership of the Discovery.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.