Sprinkler guys just dumped a bunch of dirt in my pool

sersee

May 23, 2014
South Jersey
Im not sure where to put this question. We are getting our in ground sprinklers working again. They were torn up when we had the pool put in. They found a leak and was pumping it out. They weren't paying attention and it was dumping straight into my pool :/ My husband noticed it and they got it out.

Hubs turned on our pump right away to try and get it out. I have a swg that I am trying to get balanced. I have another post about this. I had just gotten it down from 8.2 to 7.5 this morning. My Fc was only .5 this morning because I am in need of CYA. ..whicH I am getting today.

What will this do to my numbers if anything? Should I go ahead and add chlorine to the pool now that the dirt is in t here? We used to go to the pool store and just switched to this wonderful place. We had bought a box of dichlor that I am using before switching to liquid chlorine. . My Cya is maybe 10 so the dichlor shouldn't hurt that.

can you vacuum to waste or is it already mixed in, if mixed in I would take your FC to 12 and circulate/run your pump 24/7 until clear

The real problem is kids swimming with FC below minimum level for your CYA, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]. FC below minimum leaves a pool unsanitary because kill rates of bacteria, viruses and pathogens are not fast enough which causes increased risk of person to person disease transmission, especially with kids.

It is safe to swim when FC is above minimum and below shock level for your CYA, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

you can swim up to shock level for your CYA level, so if your CYA is 30 you can swim up to 12 FC, just take a shower afterwards to wash of the chlorine :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.