Any Metal Experts????????

tamhor

May 7, 2009
GREAT SITE !!! I have copper stains (4) this is the second year they are there. I have tried all the vitamin c tab tests and am sure they are copper. My question is I heard copper stains on vinyl are impossible to remove? Is it worth a absorbic acid treatment or is it time for a new liner ??? THANKS

tamhor said:
I have tried all the vitamin c tab tests and am sure they are copper. My question is I heard copper stains on vinyl are impossible to remove? Is it worth a absorbic acid treatment or is it time for a new liner ??? THANKS
I assume that vitamin C had no effect, correct? That is usually the case with copper stains. If so then the ascorbic acid treatment will not do a bit of good since ascorbic acid is just another name for vitamin c!

vitamin C is a waste of time on copper
Suphumic acid works pretty good - however dont think it is either the easiest product to get a hold of, or nicest to use

i have had good results with Lo-Chlor chemicals (www.lochlor.com) They are an aussie company but have manufacturing/distribution in the usa. the multi stain remover is a blend of acids and gret for about 99% of metal stain removal

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.