Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any Metal Experts????????

1. Back To Top    #1

Any Metal Experts????????

GREAT SITE !!! I have copper stains (4) this is the second year they are there. I have tried all the vitamin c tab tests and am sure they are copper. My question is I heard copper stains on vinyl are impossible to remove? Is it worth a absorbic acid treatment or is it time for a new liner ??? THANKS
    25,000 gallon....36x18....inground vinyl....hayward 1 1/2 h.p. pump.....pentair de filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any Metal Experts????????

any pictures??
    25,000 gal IG Utopia pool/Raypack gas heater/BBB

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by tamhor
    I have tried all the vitamin c tab tests and am sure they are copper. My question is I heard copper stains on vinyl are impossible to remove? Is it worth a absorbic acid treatment or is it time for a new liner ??? THANKS
    I assume that vitamin C had no effect, correct? That is usually the case with copper stains. If so then the ascorbic acid treatment will not do a bit of good since ascorbic acid is just another name for vitamin c!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

vitamin C is a waste of time on copper
    Suphumic acid works pretty good - however dont think it is either the easiest product to get a hold of, or nicest to use

i have had good results with Lo-Chlor chemicals (www.lochlor.com) They are an aussie company but have manufacturing/distribution in the usa. the multi stain remover is a blend of acids and gret for about 99% of metal stain removal

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, acid based stain removers can remove copper stains. But if you try that on a vinyl liner it will also ruin the liner.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School